mojoglasses.com Terms and Conditions
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Service team by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 01954 602310 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Copyright and Trademarks
The mojoglasses.com website design, names, text, images, graphics, and logo are all owned by, or licensed to Independent Optics Ltd T/A mojoglasses.com. They may not be reproduced for any commercial or public purpose without the expressed consent of mojoglasses.com.
The “mojoglasses” name or any other registered or unregistered trademarks displayed on our website may not be used without the prior consent of mojoglasses.com. “mojoglasses” is a Registered Trademark and Trading Name of Independent Optics Ltd.
20 Norman Way Industrial Estate,
Telephone: 01954 602310
UK Company Number: 2116735
VAT registration number: 453 3319 61
“We” / “Us” / “Our” refers to mojoglasses,
“You” / “Yours” refers to the Customer.
1.0 Customer Obligations: Orders for Goods
- Orders to mojoglasses.com must be submitted either via our website at www.mojoglasses.com, or by telephone on 01954 602310.
- Submission of an Order represents an offer to purchase Goods from mojoglasses.com, and we may confirm receipt of this offer via email (if the Order is placed via the Site) or verbally (if the Order is placed via telephone).
- Prescription Glasses orders are only accepted by us once your payment has been processed and they have been reviewed and authorised by our Dispensing Optician. In the case of non-prescription goods your order is accepted once the required payment has been accepted or when the relevant goods are shipped, whichever occurs first. We will confirm acceptance of your Order via email or verbally.
2.0 By submitting your order to mojoglasses.com you confirm:
- You are aged 16 or over and are not registered blind or partially sighted;
- You are in possession of a written prescription for your spectacles that has been given to you by a suitably qualified person in the last 24 months (or 12 months if you are aged 70 or over or have been advised by your Optician); and
- You will supply accurate details of your current prescription (including any notes on the prescription) when requested.
- You have notified us in writing of any eye conditions of which you are aware.
- That all details regarding payment and delivery provided when placing the order are correct and up to date.
- In the event of you not providing a Pupillary Distance (PD), your Optician has confirmed that the use of a default measurement will be satisfactory and have not detrimental effect on your well-being. For lenses, other than varifocals, the default PD measurements we will normally use will be as follows:
Women Men Distance Glsases: 62 mm 64 mm Reading Glsases: 58 mm 60 mm
These default PD measurements may vary slightly depending on certain known factors and indicators regarding the frame (in particular, the frame size).
3.0 Our Obligations: Supply of Goods
- We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that all Orders are fulfilled; however we cannot guarantee the availability of Goods. If the Goods you have ordered are unavailable, we will attempt to contact you to give you a choice to receive an alternative or a refund. If we are unable to contact you after 14 days, your Order will be cancelled and you will be given a full refund.
- On the advice of our Dispensing Opticians, we have absolute discretion as to whether or not to accept your Order.
- If considered necessary or appropriate before an Order is accepted, our Dispensing Opticians have absolute discretion:
- to request that you send us a copy of your written prescription;
- to request that you contact, the optician who provided your prescription to verify and/or discuss your prescription;
- to request that you obtain a new written prescription from your optician.
- We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure your Goods are dispatched to you as quickly as possible after placing your order.
- We may use alternative carriers at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to change the pricing foe delivery from time to time.
- You will be notified by email at the time your Goods are dispatched.
- Delivery of the Goods will be made to the address provided by you at the time you placed your Order.
- If your Goods are not delivered safely within a reasonable number of days of you receiving notification of dispatch, you should contact us.
- Customers should promptly inspect goods delivered to them to satisfy themselves that any goods delivered to them are as expected.
- In some delivery countries there may be rules imposed locally that will charge import VAT and duties to the purchaser. We do not pay these costs and are unable to provide any refunds for such costs.
5.1 Failed delivery
- We cannot be held responsible for delivery errors due to inaccuracies or incompleteness in the details you have supplied, nor for any damages or delays by any delivery service arranged by you.
5.2 Delivery Schedule
Single Vision Glasses and Sunglasses (Distance or Reading):
Frames with single vision lenses will usually be dispatched between 7-10 working days from point of order. Delivery times may be longer for complex prescriptions.
Varifocal Glasses and Sunglasses:
Frames with Varifocal lenses are normally dispatched 10-14 working days from point of order or 7-10 days after we receive your varifocal fitting frame together with your varifocal photograph and copy of your prescription. Delivery times may be longer for complex prescriptions.
6.0 Returns (of Goods)
Please see our Returns Policy for full details on dealing with returns.
6.1 Your right to cancel
You have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase at any point from the time of ordering until fourteen calendar days after delivery. If we’ve already shipped your order, you’ll need to package the items and send them back to us.
6.2 Returns Policy
You may return, exchange or receive a refund on your glasses if you are unhappy with them for any reason, providing that the following conditions are met:
- The returned glasses need to reach us in the same condition in which you received them, within 14 days of receipt.
- You have included the returns authorisation form (sent with your original order) with your returns package.
- Postage fees incurred for returning glasses to us will need to be covered by the sender.
- Returns MUST be unused and in their original condition and packaging and with all the accessories included in your package (e.g. cases and cloths). You may be charged for any unreturned items.
- When returning your glasses, we recommend that you use a tracked/signed for delivery service as we are unable to take responsibility for packages lost in post. Your statutory rights in relation to returns and refunds are not affected.
Refunds will be offered on the following basis, providing the returns criteria described above have been satisfied.
Your right to a refund does not apply to Prescription Lenses as they are bespoke, made to measure and made to your specification. This doesn't affect your statutory rights if goods are faulty or not as described.
Frames with bespoke Free/Incl prescription or fashion lenses – We offer a refund of the cost of the frame minus £30 glazing charge (& excluding Upgraded Delivery Charges)
Frames with Bespoke Prescription Lenses – We offer a refund of theframe cost only (excluding Prescription Lens Costs and Upgraded Delivery Charges)
Non-prescription Sunglasses– We offer a refund of the frame cost (excluding Upgraded Delivery Charges)
We will refund you in the method that payment was made, no later than 30 days after the day we receive back from you the goods supplied.
Refunds for products purchased under a promotional offer will be based on the terms of the promotional price.
6.4 Faulty Products
If your products arrive damaged or they are faulty, you may return them and obtain a refund or replacement product by going through the Returns process described above.
6.5 International Returns
Returns made from outside the UK are accepted if the following conditions are met:
- The returned glasses need to reach us, in the same condition in which you received them, within 14 days of receipt.
- You have included the returns authorisation form (sent with your original order) with your returns package. Returns must be unused and in their original condition and with all the accessories included in your package (e.g. cases and cloths). You may be charged if you don’t return all the items sent to you.
- Postage fees incurred for returning glasses to us will need to be covered by the sender.
- When returning your glasses, we recommend that you use a tracked/signed for delivery service as we are unable to take responsibility for packages lost in post.
- To cancel or return your order, you must notify us within 14 days of receipt of the Goods - please email: email@example.com or call 01954 602310.
7.0 Use of the website mojoglasses.com:
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Data which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Data by updating these details on your online account.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Third Party Links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
When you use our website, you'll see that we offer you recommendations, showing products we think you might like and could perhaps miss when you're browsing the site.
8.0 General terms
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND RIGHT TO USE
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times our property. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
9.0 International Liability and Indemnification
The User agrees to indemnify and hold the Owner and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees harmless from and against any claim or demand — including but not limited to lawyer's fees and costs — made by any third party due to or in relation with any culpable use of or connection to the Service, violation of these Terms, infringement of any third-party rights or statutory provision by the User or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Limitation of liability
Unless otherwise explicitly stated and without prejudice to applicable statutory product liability provisions, You shall have no right to claim damages against the Owner (or any natural or legal person acting on its behalf).
This does not apply to damages to life, health or physical integrity, damages resulting from the breach of an essential contractual obligation such as any obligation strictly necessary to achieve the purpose of the contract, and/or damages resulting from intent or gross negligence, as long as this Website has been appropriately and correctly used by You.
Unless damages have been caused by way of intent or gross negligence, or they affect life, health or physical integrity, the Owner shall only be liable to the extent of typical and foreseeable damages at the moment the contract was entered into.
Intellectual Property Rights
Without prejudice to any more specific provision of these Terms, any intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and design rights related to this Website are the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties relating to intellectual property.
All trademarks — nominal or figurative — and all other marks, trade names, service marks, word marks, illustrations, images, or logos appearing in connection with this Website are, and remain, the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties related to Intellectual Property.
10.0 Entire Agreement
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
11.0 Governing Law
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.